Mira (“Mira”) is a company incorporated under the laws of the
collect, use, disclose, and safeguard personal information of and
for users of our restaurant ordering and payment software
application ("Product"). We take your privacy seriously and are
committed to protecting it. By accessing or using our services or
that you have read, understood, and consent to our collection,
storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information as
described in this Policy.
- "You", "your", "yours" and “Restaurants” refer to the restaurants that have granted access for our QR codes to be used for placing orders and making payments for meals at your establishments.
- “Customer”, “users” and “they” refer to the consumers who make use of our application in order to make payments and place orders at restaurants that are registered with us.
- "We", "us", "our", and "Mira" refer to Mira; the creators of the Product.
This Privacy Notice was created on DD/MM/YY. Mira may make further amendments or changes to this Policy document. However, we will notify you by updating the “Last Updated” date of this Notice. If you do not agree with any of the updates or modifications, please do not use our services.
- We will only collect and process your data and data from our Users based on consent and for each information we indicate that we collect, you agree to have consented to their collection, processing, storage, use and disclosures;
- Consent from you and our Users will be deemed to have been received when our product is used, which encompasses our services, features, technologies or functions offered on the website;
- All data collected by us in your use of our services, will only be used for the purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection. Your information will not be used for any undisclosed or misrepresented purpose.
Information we collect
The personal data we collect from you and our Users include:
In compliance with anti-money laundering requirements and for our business purposes, we collect information as to the records of transactions carried out by you by utilizing our Product.
We collect information regarding the name, email address, phone number and residential address of the Users. We also request information concerning the bank name and bank account information of the User. We require this information solely to establish the identity of those who use our product, and for sharing with our payment partners to fulfill orders.
To use our Product, we shall request you to provide us with some information such as your company name, business address, details of employee, details of the beverages and food items available at the Restaurant (“Menu”), information concerning the bank account of each transaction. We also keep records of your communications to us through our customer support channel and the information you submit to us through user surveys we may request you to complete from time to time.
This includes the User information we are provided with once a User scans the QR Code at your Restaurant. With regard to each of your QR scans, we will automatically collect the User IP address. We do not collect other forms of data other than has been expressly provided and in the event that we require or obtain additional data from you or about you, we will provide you with notices to this effect and the reason why we collect such data.
We collect information on how you use our services and your actions. This is specifically for transaction monitoring purposes in compliance with anti-money laundering requirements, so that we can identify if an activity carried out by you is suspicious.
What we do with your data
We use your Personal Data for the following;
- To operate our services effectively and in, compliance with our Terms, guidelines, and policies;
- To understand how we can improve our Product, and for administrative and other business purposes;
- To comply with applicable laws, exercise legal rights, and meet compliance and regulatory requirements;
- To process and fulfill your requests for collecting payments from Users’
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries and provide customer support;
- To enable network and information security throughout our platform and services;
- To conduct record keeping and otherwise manage our business;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may share Restaurant and User information with our payment partners to fulfill orders. We will only share this information with our payment partners to the extent necessary to provide our services to Restaurants and Users;
- We may also share Restaurants’ information with law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or other third parties if we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, protect our rights or the rights of users, or prevent fraud or illegal activities.
- We take reasonable measures to protect restaurant and user information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. However, as no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; we therefore, cannot guarantee absolute security of user and restaurant information;
- We will ensure that your personal data that we retain is protected in compliance with the NDPR requirements and other data protection laws, and data protection policies in Nigeria.
- Mere use or operation of Mira by restaurants and users gives the liberty to contact us through our support channel at firstname.lastname@example.org if any issue arises in relation to the use of our product;
- For every complaint made through our support channel, Mira makes a record for safety, monitoring and quality assurance purposes and fraud prevention and to also improve our services, policies and procedures;
- By contacting us through our support channel, Restaurants and users consent to Mira recording and using these communications as stated in this Privacy Notice.
- We may request that Restaurants and Users complete surveys, take polls, or give ratings through the website to allow us to have a better understanding of our services and to improve them. Participation in this survey will be fully optional for both Restaurants and Users;
- By participating in our surveys, Users and Restaurants consent to having their demographic information; basic details like age and gender to be collected and used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Mira will not be responsible for any breach in the representations made by the Restaurant concerning any order made by Users and does not guarantee that the representations will be true and accurate.
This privacy notice is made pursuant to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 and other relevant Nigerian laws, regulations, or international conventions applicable to Nigeria. Where any provision of this Notice is deemed inconsistent with a law, regulation or convention, such provision shall be subject to the overriding law, regulation or convention.
- We will retain Restaurant and User information for as long as necessary to provide our services and to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy.
- We may also retain and use said information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- We shall regularly review the data retained to confirm the accuracy, purpose, validity and requirement to retain;
- We shall regularly audit the data retained to ensure that it is only stored in alignment with our retention policy;
- We will delete your Personal Data where such Personal Data is no longer required by us.
Restaurant and User Rights
- Restaurants have the right to access, update, and delete personal information that we have collected;
- Restaurants may also object to our use of said information or request that we restrict our use of said information;
- Restaurants may also elect to withdraw consent for Mira’s collection and storage of your data at any time. Such withdrawal however would prevent Mira from providing services to you;
- Restaurants have the right to obtain restrictions on the processing of the data we have collected;
- Restaurants have the right to request that we export your Personal Data held by us to another company where we believe it is technically feasible to do so;
- To exercise these rights, please contact us email@example.com
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. If we make any material changes to this policy, we will notify Restaurants and Users by posting the updated policy on our website.
If there are any questions or reservations about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org